Of course, the people that may be called upon to help defuse a combative situation would be upper management or security guards, but regardless of your position within the company there may be an instance where you may need to defuse a volatile situation.
There is no magical formula for resolving fights, but preventative techniques to ensure it doesn’t get to hostile situation to begin with is always the best defense.
- Follow the preventative techniques
- Acknowledge signs that trouble might be brewing
- Loud Arguments
- Shoving If a fight does occur:
- Contact security or the police
- Move bystanders away from the commotion
- Never ask other people to get involved in breaking up a fight
- Try to not become physical with the combatants
- If a weapon is present, get innocent bystanders away and take cove