Once staff has communicated as a team to identify an intoxicated person the next step is to assist. Situations may arise when there may not be time to call other staff to assist and you are required to handle situations on your own. Mainly if, the guest poses a threat to themselves or others.
Therefore, take every situation seriously. If you have time alert management and security and follow company procedure when it comes to handling intoxicated guests.
- Offer them a seat so they don’t harm themselves or others
- Try to locate their friends or party whom may be able to assist
- Don’t touch them unless given permission by the guest
- Make sure they have all of their personal belongings
- Investigate if the guest leaves will they be safe, are they a guest staying at the hotel, do they live nearby or do they have a designated driver
[dt_sc_button link=”https://aacsnv.com/preventing-fights-1-4/” size=”small” variation=”red” align=”left” target=”_self”]Continue[/dt_sc_button]