It is important to be aware of the different tactics minors may use to purchase alcohol.
- Sometimes, they may get someone over the age of 21 to purchase several drinks and carry them back to their seat.
- They will attempt to purchase alcohol during peak business hours hoping you will be too distracted to ask to see their ID.
- They may use the self check out stations where they observe monitoring in these areas in much more relaxed.
- They may hold what appears to be a valid form on ID in their hand giving the perception that they are willing to show it and over 21 years if age.
- They may attempt to hold an empty bottle or cocktail glass ensuring that they are seen by the bartender. Giving the appearance they have already been asked to present their ID to someone else and order a cocktail with you hoping you will not check “again.”